Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Me In Antigua!








Hi everyone (& special 'hi' to Ms. Georg and my grade 1 class)!!
This is Ben and I want to tell you about where I live. I have some pictures to show you. I am living in Antigua, Guatemala. This is where I am learning Spanish. I go to school everyday at 8a.m until 12pm. I am learning lots of words. I know all my colors like rojo, azul, verde, and amarillo. I like school very much.





There are 3 volcanoes around Antigua. One is named Agua (water), one is named Fuago (fire), and one is named Pacaya. The streets are made of stones and they are very bumpy. Today I rode in a carriage behind a horse!















On saturday I got to go to the beach. It was so much fun. I love playing in the waves. My favorite part was when I got to release baby turtles into the ocean. We pretended that they were racing to the water!






The scariest part was when we went into our room and guess what we found on the wall? A scorpion! But it was o.k. we just killed it with our shoe.


















I miss you all very much and hope you are having fun in the snow!!

Love, Ben

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Ben everytime we read your blog we try to reply but somehow technology gets the better of me. I hope you are doing well. We miss you here, but love reading your adventures. Keep them coming.